"We’re a strategic corporate venture fund. This means we want to develop a strategic relationship with those we invest in.
Aviva is the UK’s largest insurer with leading positions in both life and general insurance.
AVIVA VENTURES is our corporate venture capital fund investing £100m by 2020. We look for unique and innovative businesses that can shape the future of insurance. We typically do deals of between £1m-5m for a direct equity stake. We focus strategic returns – we are looking for insight, collaboration and inspiration. Any investment will be backed by a UK company with 33 million customers, a global reach and local insight from 16 countries.
Customers’ needs and expectations are changing. New technologies will fundamentally change the way we do business. We believe that insurance must reinvent itself. By investing in new ideas and brilliant people we will shake up the industry and deliver our purpose- to free people from fear of uncertainty.
OUR INVESTMENT FOCUS:
1. The internet of things
2. Data and analytics
3. Innovative new propositions
4. Disruptive distribution
Ben Luckett is the Managing Director of Aviva Ventures. He set up the fund in August 2015. Prior to this Ben was the Strategy Director for the UKGI Business and has also held roles in Enterprise Risk and Finance. Ben represents Aviva on the East of England CBI regional council and is actively involved in supporting and mentoring local businesses.
• COCOON - all-in-one smart home security system that protects your whole home from a single device, without external sensors.
• OPUN - the UK’s only assured end-to-end home improvement services platform.
• APPYPARKING - a world leading holistic parking platform that unites the fragmented public and private parking sector and offers a smart city solution designed from the consumer’s perspective.
• FOUNDERS FACTORY is a leading multi sector digital accelerator and incubator, co-founded by Brent Hoberman, Henry Lane Fox and Jim Meyerle. Aviva is partnering with Founders Factory in addition to being an investor as its exclusive financial services partner, working with seven start-ups, each year, over this period."
|CGNU PLC||2000-05-30 - 2002-07-01|
|CGU PLC||1998-06-02 - 2000-05-30|
|COMMERCIAL UNION PLC||1990-02-09 - 1998-06-02|
- 8575 Life Insurance
- 8775 Specialty Finance
- Company Number
- Public Limited Company
- Company Age
- 30 years
- February 9, 1990
- Nature of Business
- 70100 - Activities of head offices
- Year End
- December 31
- Accounts Due
- June 30, 2021
- Latest Accounts
- December 31, 2019
Aviva plc: Aviva corporate websiteSource:www.aviva.com
Our global corporate website for investors, shareholders, career hunters, the media and people interested in our social purpose.
Aviva: Insurance, Savings & InvestmentsSource:www.aviva.co.uk
Want car, home, travel, life or health cover? Out to save, invest or start a pension? Let the UK's biggest insurance firm (15 million customers strong) quote you ...
About Us - Aviva plcSource:www.aviva.com
Our purpose is to be with you today, for a better tomorrow. We are an international Savings, Retirement and Insurance business serving 33.4 million customers.
AV/:London Stock Quote - Aviva PLC - Bloomberg MarketsSource:www.bloomberg.com
Stock analysis for Aviva PLC (AV/:London) including stock price, stock chart, company news, key statistics, fundamentals and company profile.
AVIVA PLC ORD 25P (AV.L) Stock Price, News, Quote & History ...Source:finance.yahoo.com
(Bloomberg) -- Aviva Plc's new boss Amanda Blanc is not wasting any time.When the industry veteran unveiled her first earnings as chief executive officer last ...
Aviva - WikipediaSource:en.wikipedia.org
Aviva plc /əˈviːvə/ is a British multinational insurance company headquartered in London, England. It has about 33 million customers across 16 countries.