Published by Anonymous
Financial Controller / Manager. Edinburgh. Full-Time. Finance
One of Edinburgh’s most exciting startups, TRAVELNEST is 2 years old, has recently completed a successful funding round and is going through a period of rapid growth. The company operates in a fast-paced agile environment and needs self starters who can deliver impressive results from a blank slate.
To grow and manage TravelNest’s accounting function and to support TravelNest’s operations in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Responsible for financial control and reporting on a day to day basis
• Review and Report on monthly management accounts, KPIs and significant variances
• Forecast and manage cash flow
• Build, lead and develop the Accounting team (Accounts Payable, Expenses, Payroll, General Ledger) and Tax & Compliance
• Build effective working relationships with other departments and operations
• Advise and assist with business efficiencies in conjunction with management objectives
• Maintain relationship with local bank
• Take responsibility for Insurances and Risk Management
• Maintain effective cost controls for areas of responsibility, ensuring that internal controls are effective and efficient
• Preparation / Submission of Annual Group Statutory Accounts Packs.
• Supervise company pension scheme
• Drive departmental process and system improvements
• Support development and roll-out of policies, processes, controls and systems
• Assist with special projects such as restructuring plans or opening new offices, to review variance between planned and actual spend
• Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
• Immediately escalate issues that may have a negative financial impact
• Balance change and operational requirements to deliver a highly commercial, operational oriented function
• Qualified accountant with strong accounting skills
• Sound background in leading and managing an operational accounting team
• Relevant experience in an environment with a high volume of transactions (IT/Hi-Tech/Consultancy preferred)
• Strong process and delivery orientation
• Excellent skills in data analysis and presentation
• Experience of financial systems implementation
• Capable of building a cohesive and aligned accounting operation, motivated and incentivised to deliver the right level of support to the business
• Commercially astute with a strong understanding of processes and systems
• Experience of tax issues, especially VAT.
• Able to articulate and deliver a clear departmental vision
• Confident, self-sufficient and able to contribute from day one
• Combines intellectual rigour with commercial awareness
• Focused and determined
• Organised, systematic, pragmatic, flexible.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication, problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills.
• Education: A University Degree is highly desirable.
• Accounting Qualification is highly desirable.
• Location: Edinburgh, UK