Published by Ronan Bryan on May 8, 2019, 9:00 am in Promotion, Blog post
Your company is successful, growing and innovative.
You operate in a business jungle: doing, buying, selling, making, delivering, hiring, firing and surviving, hopefully thriving. Faster, smarter, better.
Eat or be eaten. Live or die. Triumph and disaster always just around the corner.
Its a pity you don't have access to a community of like-minded businesses that can operate as a marketplace, platform and network for your business.
...a place for problem-solving and contacts you can trust.
...where you can find better customers, staff, suppliers, partners, lenders and investors
....and better and faster access to information, relationships and opportunities.
That's what Directorzone is building. We call it the GRID.
The GRID: under the radar
Life is more challenging for dynamic companies in the £1m - 400m turnover range, unless they are stock market-quoted, household names or very powerful niche players,
They tend to come under the national and global radar screen for access to business opportunities, investment and support (government, academic and media).
Directorzone identifies this sector as the GRID: companies with strong GRowth, Innovation and Direction, and the main drivers of growth in national GDP, tax receipts, exports and jobs.
Directorzone was set up to connect GRID companies with opportunities, solutions, market intelligence and business ideas.
Problems vs Solutions
Growth companies face a daily struggle with issues ranging from routine to critical in a business environment that changes constantly, 24x7.
But, where do they go to find the ideas, contacts, business opportunities, support, market intelligence, inspiration and resources that will help their businesses to survive and thrive?
Is it LinkedIn, Facebook, Alibaba.com, more targeted online marketplaces, the Institute of Directors, other representative bodies or networking events? There is a relevance and time problem with some or all of these models – wading through waffle, being relentlessly sold to by mediocre or inappropriate contacts, etc.
Directorzone is creating an arena where relevance, trust, reliable information and speed of access will help growth companies to succeed through:
- DEAL FLOW. Success or failure for company directors is determined by how they adapt to and manage change. Directorzone will provide access to better information, counter-parties and opportunities - faster than their competitors and ahead of the multiple deadlines that affect the cash flow, profitability and success of their companies.
- ACCESS. Boosting the company’s public profile and discreet procurement exercises are both ways that Directorzone offfers to attract the best customers, partners, suppliers, investors and staff.
Very large, billion £, companies have enormous advantages by dint of their size, market profile and existing relationships. Their global reach and negotiating strength - to secure better pricing, later payment and other beneficial terms (from companies and governments) - gives them power.
Directorzone is only interested in these larger companies as accelerators for GRID companies, i.e. strategic suppliers of capital, advice or other support. Other "accelerators" include professional advisers (legal, accounting), investors, lenders, government, academic and media organisations.
Welcome to the Directorzone and the GRID
The web site that you are on gives a glimpse of functionalities and content. The more advanced Directorzone web site - currently under construction and testing - prioritises very structured, purposeful information and business interactions in these areas:
MARKETPLACE: anonymous wanted and offered listings + matching (effectively classified advertising) in 7 areas:
- JOBS - Director and managerial level
- PARTNERSHIP - sales, distribution, R&D...
- BUSINESSES - for sale, franchises...
- FINANCE - investment, loans, grants, invoice factoring...
- ASSETS - plant, machinery, land, property, IP...
- GOODS - raw materials, components....
- SERVICES - legal, accounting, IT, HR, financial...
PLATFORM: a fast-changing, searchable repository of articles covering:
- NEWS - deals, markets, innovation, events, movers...
- OPINION - blog, comments...
- KNOWLEDGE - issues, advice, how to...
NETWORK: access to thousands of GRID companies and Accelerators through:
- PROFILES - companies and individual directories...
- CONNECTIONS - member to member. messaging..
- MEETING REQUESTS - make opportunitiess fit with your schedule...
Directorzone is designed for company directors who need to move fast and effectively:
- All content is from or about market participants with real requirements, achievements and opportunities.
- All contributors are encouraged to communicate useful content economically.
- All articles, listings and profiles are tagged, filtered and cross-referenced for quick evaluation and maximum clarity.
Directorzone is built around these principles:
- Procurement-friendly: breaking down business requirements into digestible and searchable components.
- Buyer anonymity: to generate efficient seller responses that buyers can select from.
- Be found: succinct, structured and positive content published by smart businesses to get noticed
- Knowledge marketing: free advice from accelerators to demonstrate expertise
....to attract the best counter-parties and to grow your business.
Directorzone is focussing initially on the UK market and, at the same time, welcoming overseas companies that seek to operate in the UK marketplace as the Directorzone grows.
Directorzone will make money through:
- Membership fees for publishing articles, listings, comments and profiles.
- Connection / matching services
- Higher level market access through:
- Analysis: mapping the business marketplace by charting activity, relationships, requirements and trends.
Tell me more about the GRID
Please have a look around the Directorzone website to see our coverage of the GRID marketplace:
- 1253 profiles: 15% quoted, 85% private; small to medium-sized (£0-400m turnover):
- press coverage of 1,000+ GRID companies
- Growth company + GRID market statistics
Get in touch
Please contact us if you’d like to:
- keep in touch - for advance notice of when the Marketplace buyer / seller matching functionality is ready
- contribute marketplace content (growth companies) or knowledge articles (advisers + all)
- be interviewed (GRID CEOs)
- discuss partnership opportunities.