Wednesday January 1st 2020
Directorzone is a platform for - and about - the top 5% of SMEs* that make up the growth company marketplace.
This marketplace is the main driver for jobs, exports, GDP growth, investment and innovation - and we call it the GRID.
Directorzone maps the GRID by publishing company and accelerator profiles, their stories, news, business requirements and their opportunities.
GRID companies are in the £0 -300m annual turnover range and have been:
- INVESTED in by Angel investors, Venture Capital / Private Equity organisations or other Corporates ...AND/OR
- RANKED by leading market watchers e.g. Fast Track, Queen's Awards, Deloitte, EY, LSE top 1,000 ...AND/OR
- SELECTED by Directorzone because of their strong:
GRowth, Innovation and Direction.
GRID companies depend on organisations and individuals in FINANCE, ADVISORY, GOVERNMENT, ACADEMIC, MEDIA and larger CORPORATES for support, advice and funding to succeed. Directorzone describes these organisations as ACCELERATORS.
Examples of over 1,000 GRID companies and Accelerators can be found on Directorzone at:
BETA: building a marketplace
PHASE 1 - PLATFORM: profiles of, and news about, 1,000+ great companies that illustrate the GRID marketplace, mainly in the UK. Plus thousands of director profiles (company officers), company and director relationships mapped.
PHASE 2 - just beginning: building a MARKETPLACE
This phase will allow companies, directors, accelerators, advisers and investors to:
- update their company and personal profiles,
- publish articles - in areas such as: News, Wanted, Offered, Jobs, Events, Blogs and Meeting Requests.
- connect and communicate with other businesses through the site.
Some of these publishing channels are anonymous in order to facilitate discretion and careful timing in the development of business relationships.
Please use the Contact section to get in touch.
HISTORY: Cityzone -> Directorzone
Cityzone - which ran business networking events, seminars, workshops and dinners for thousands of company directors, entrepreneurs, investors and advisers - changed its name to Directorzone Markets Ltd in 2016.
* SMEs. SME = Small and medium-sized enterprises. BUSINESS POPULATION ESTIMATES FOR THE UK AND REGIONS 2017 30 November 2017
- "There were a record 5.7 million private sector businesses at the start of 2017.
- Small businesses accounted for 99.3% of all private sector businesses at the start of 2017 and 99.9% were small or medium-sized (SMEs).
- Total employment in SMEs was 16.1 million; 60% of all private sector employment in the UK.
- The combined annual turnover of SMEs was £1.9 trillion, 51% of all private sector turnover in the UK.