Accelerator Directory / Ecomachines Ventures Limited
We foster the development of world-class technology in the energy, transport, circular economy, smart city and industrial high-tech sectors.
Dr. Ilian Iliev founded EcoMachines Ventures in 2013. Prior to that he co-founded and was CEO of CambridgeIP Ltd (2006-2012), which he built into a leading technology strategy player in the innovation space (partial exit through sale of data & software business to multi-billion US investment fund). Strategy advisor to the Board of Allen & Overy, a top 10 global law firm with $1bln+ in revenues (2004-6). In the 1990s founded and led 100-person family business in Southern Africa in the medium and high voltage space (1997-2001). Projects included building a power plant, industrial facilities, real estate and others.
Current Board Directorships include: PointGrab, Q-Bot, Power Drive Efficiency, Autorose
Ilian holds a PhD from Cambridge University’s Judge Business School, focused on Venture Capital business models in emerging economies; MCom in Economics, and BA in Politics, Economics and International Relations from the University of Witwatersrand, where he was voted Best Political Science Student in South Africa in 1997. He has published widely on issues in the energy and cleantech space, innovation finance and innovation policy. He is an Associate Fellow at Chatham House, focused on energy and resource efficiency.
EcoMachines Ventures Limited is an appointed representative of Fidem Partners Limited
which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
• POINTGRAB - leading machine learning and computer vision company
• NANOTECH INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS (NIS) - developer and manufacturer of nanomaterials for the petrochemical and applied materials industry.
• Q-BOT - develops robots for the building and engineering industry, assisting human labour where there are significant cost or health and safety benefits.
• RECYCLING TECHNOLOGIES (exited: 2016) - provides machinery and a service to recycle unsorted plastic waste.
• POWER DRIVE EFFICIENCY (PDE) - provides smart energy efficient electrical solutions for heavy industry.
• AUTOROSE - develops technologies for use in the connected car industry.
• ROTARY ECOMACHINES - developing a family of innovative rotary combustion engines with a jumping axis geometry."
|ECOMACHINES INCUBATOR LIMITED||2013-01-11 - 2015-07-10|
- 8775 Specialty Finance
- Company Number
- Private Limited Company
- Company Age
- 5 years
- January 11, 2013
- Nature of Business
- 64303 - Activities of venture and development capital companies
- Year End
- December 30
- Accounts Due
- September 30, 2018
- Latest Accounts
- December 30, 2016
Our CEO @ILIAN_P_ILIEV has published a blog on investing in smart cities on @AngelNews. #smartcities #investment https://t.co/NEKM4ixeqd
Congratulations to our portfolio company @QBot_UK for winning the UK Ashden Award for Sustainable Buildings! https://t.co/BP7INrnkiA
Thanks to @GBIMagazine for covering our portfolio company Nanotech Industrial Solutions' $12m growth investment ro… https://t.co/OuIJ2DQ4Tm
Out now: EcoMachines Ventures' MD @ILIAN_P_ILIEV's article on the top ten reasons to invest in smart cities.… https://t.co/gKCZSUBYmj
Thanks to @UKBAngels for posting the news about our portfolio company Nanotech Industrial Solutions' $12m growth ca… https://t.co/69oqeuoEsm
Thanks to @Level39CW for covering our portfolio company Nanotech Industrial Solution's funding round. https://t.co/2NK6aQ4F8e
Thanks to @AngelNews for covering our portfolio company Nanotech Industrial Solutions' $12m investment round! https://t.co/gsVhbwbdKT
Thanks to @finSMEs for covering our portfolio company Nanotech Industrial Solutions' $12m investment round! https://t.co/Iugsd7hBEd
Great news! Our portfolio company Nanotech Industrial Solutions (NIS) has secured a new $12m investment to accelera… https://t.co/HAn7bNnG5o