Accelerator Directory / Ordnance Survey Limited (OS)
Ordnance Survey Limited ….shares are 100% owned by the Secretary of State for BUSINESS, ENERGY & INDUSTRIAL STRATEGY (BEIS). We are a public corporation, as defined in Managing Public Money as “a trading body controlled by central government... that has substantial day to day operating independence.”
Our Public Task is:
1. To maintain and develop the underlying physical infrastructure which is needed to support mapping applications; including to maintain a national grid and the national geodetic and height frameworks and to link these to international systems.
2. To create, maintain and provide governance for the National Geographic Database (NGD) made up of geographic information datasets with coverage of all of Great Britain to a consistent specification.
3. To make the content of the relevant datasets widely available as products which can be used by customers of all types for a wide range of purposes.
4. To provide advice and support to the UK Government on all aspects of survey, mapping and geographic information (e.g. in relation to national security issues and provision of the Mapping for Emergencies service).
As a Government Owned limited company we are obliged to be self-financing and are required to generate revenue to cover all of our costs, including costs relating to the performance of the Public Task.
As Britain’s mapping agency, we provide information that’s vital to the nation’s wellbeing. We work with governments, private industry, and individuals alike, since the data we produce touches and connects the lives of everyone in the country.
We make seven updates every minute of every day, mirroring our constantly changing landscape. The information we gather enables us to generate content that helps keep our nation, economy and infrastructure moving, but also provide our surveying expertise to countries around the world.
We are adventurous in the digital age, incisive in providing simple solutions to complex problems, restless because we know our work is never done, and true because we understand the importance of accuracy.
In short, we help others in finding a way.
Financial summary (£m) 2016−17 / 2015−16
• Revenue 152.8 / 146.6
• Profit attributable to owners of the Company 16.4 / 18.1"
|070714 LIMITED||2014-07-08 - 2015-02-03|
- 2791 Business Support Services
- Company Number
- Private Limited Company
- Company Age
- 5 years
- July 8, 2014
- Nature of Business
- 74909 - Other professional, scientific and technical activities n.e.c.
- Year End
- March 31
- Accounts Due
- December 31, 2019
- Latest Accounts
- March 31, 2018
We're looking for a Data Quality Analyst to join us here at OS. Interested? Apply now: https://t.co/9mlDW7uPEj… https://t.co/XUvZxoekeO
@lorenzo_hermoso Hi the dotted black line is a electricity transmission line , there happens to be two side by side… https://t.co/gwj9e7FCzc
@rosiesthinking Good idea Rosie, thanks for sharing!
@AmusedMountie Thanks, we're glad you like them!
@milafrerichs Thanks Mila!
@ShadyEuroFreak So glad you like it Jamie!
@WildGingerRuns @CamelBak Well done Claire!
Not only has the @Geovation Accelerator Programme now opened, it has launched in Scotland too🌱 Learn more in our p… https://t.co/2RFJitUa7c
Hitting the road for the #summerholiday soon? Recognise any of these motorway junctions? Take a look at how our car… https://t.co/Gxs5LeOpF6